Christian Pastoral Support Worker
The School is funded by the Australian Government Department of Education, Employment and Workplace Relations (DEEWR) through the National School Chaplaincy and Student Welfare Program (NSCSWP) for a school chaplaincy service by employing a Christian Pastoral Support (CPS) Worker.
The aim of the chaplaincy service is to offer pastoral support to students, staff and the school community.
A Pastoral Role
The Christian Pastoral Support Worker will:
- participate in a wide range of school community activities, and support staff, to contribute to creating a caring and inclusive learning environment within the school.
- on request, provide initial support or information to students, staff and other school community members.
- with written, informed parental consent, provide on-going personal assistance to individual students, subject to duty of care, consent, confidentiality and disclosure requirements and the Code of Conduct.
- offer support or information with regard to critical situations, grief, family breakdown.
- be available to provide ongoing support to individuals and/or families.
- provide additional opportunities for families to feel supported.